From our perspective, it’s the same amount of work to help you buy a $250,000 house as it is to buy an $800,000 house. It’s a LOT more work, however, to show you dozens of houses, write multiple offers, or to help you buy a short sale, FSBO, foreclosure, or to help you build a home from the ground up. With all this in mind, HelpUBuy America offers two pricing programs to serve your home buying needs: Flat Fee and Full Service.
If you’re the “do-it-yourself” type and are willing to do a lot of the house hunting legwork on your own, the flat-fee program is perfect for you. It works like this: Instead of the customary 3% commission based on the sales price of a home, we charge an AVERAGE flat fee of $7,000 which is paid out of the seller’s proceeds at closing. Any excess commission and all bonuses are refunded at closing. The table below shows an example of your potential rebate:
|Sales Price||Traditional 3%
|$ 250,000||$ 7,500||$7,000||$ 500|
|$ 300,000||$ 9,000||$7,000||$ 2,000|
|$ 500,000||$15,000||$7,000||$ 8,000|
The Fine Print
- We will show you a maximum of twelve (12) houses, scheduled in a maximum of three (3) outings.
- Short sales, foreclosures, FSBOs, and new construction (with the exception of spec homes) are excluded.
- To qualify for the flat-fee program, the sales price must be at least $250,000. The commission for homes priced below this amount is 3% of the sales price, paid out of the seller’s proceeds at closing.
- Rebates are based on our NET commission. If you were sent to us by NAEBA or SkyFor, we owe them a referral fee. Rebates are based on the commissions earned after the referral fee is paid.
- Flat fee varies by agent and by territory. Your HelpUBuy America Exclusive Buyer Agent will discuss their fee with at your first meeting. Fees range from $4,500-$8,000 and are paid out of the seller’s proceeds at closing. There is no cost to you for our services.
- Provide us with a pre-qualification letter from a bank or mortgage broker.
- You will be responsible for finding homes that suit your needs. We will set up an account for you on our Home Finder System so you can receive new listings by email automatically. The system allows you to sort the listings into categories and to take notes and ask us questions.
- Once you find homes that interest you, send us the addresses so that we can schedule an appointment to view the property. It is NOT okay to contact the listing agent to view the properties, unless you plan to compensate them for their time.
- We will schedule all appointments to view the properties you select. We will give you our expert opinion on the condition, floor plan, pricing, and future marketability of the house you choose.
- We will discuss negotiating strategies and write a sales contract that favors you, the buyer. We will negotiate the best price and terms, and will help you package yourself so you can beat competing offers without increasing the sales price.
- After we have an executed contract, we will hold your hand through all the steps of the homebuying process from financing, inspections, title work, repairs, through closing.
For our full-service clients, we do it all. We research and often preview homes that suit your needs, and show you only the good ones. We handle negotiations and hold your hand from contract execution through closing. Our fee for this service is 3% of the sales price of the home, paid out of the seller’s proceeds at closing. All other terms mentioned above remain the same. Many of our buyers start as flat-fee buyers and then convert to full service, and it’s perfectly fine. House hunting is time consuming and at times frustrating. Don’t be embarrassed to turn the whole thing over to us if you get frustrated.
It is our mission to educate consumers and protect the rights of homebuyers. We understand that first-time homebuyers require special attention and a little extra hand-holding. HelpUBuy America agents go the extra mile to ensure that new buyers learn about construction, floor plans, resalability, financing, etc. In addition to the strategy session, first-time homebuyers can go through Buyer Bootcamp prior to beginning their home search. In Buyer’s Bootcamp, we teach buyers about roofing, flooring, foundations, floor plans, exterior finishings, etc. It’s all about education and reducing the level of anxiety first-time buyers feel through the house hunting process. Our clients love it!
The first step in the process is to schedule a strategy session. The purpose of this meeting is to make sure we like each other and to talk about the most seamless way to accomplish your goals. You will be asked to sign the Information About Brokerage Services document, as required by the Texas Real Estate Commission. This document simply discloses to you which party we represent.
HelpUBuy America is an Exclusive Buyer Agency. We work for buyers only, never sellers. You won’t be asked for any money or to sign a Buyer’s Representation Agreement. When you’re ready to move forward, give us a call or send us an email and we’ll guide you through the rest of the process step-by-step. We want you to feel comfortable working with us and with the property that you buy; you will never feel pressured in any way, at any time.